Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Colonial Brisbane tintypes in the Urban_Archaeology collection






I've started with the unmarked and unmounted local portraits. I've bought every one I have been offered but I've never sought them out. I scanned these in response to a fantastic blog post by Angela in NYC - her 'sartorial' portrait research is presented here.
By comparison, early local poor-traits don't cut it . . . next I'll post the cabinet card collection one at a time. I've just scanned the front and back of the first 6, the metal set typography, embossed and foiled with gold is just as interesting as the portraits to my designer eye - stay posted. Also I've found and will post three tin types with their original presentation backing, all marked with makers marks.

No comments:

Post a Comment